Changelin

Of Mischief & Books

Pssst, you there. Yes, you. Thanks for travelling to my corner of the internet, I hope it's cozy enough and that you enjoy your stay :)

Auschwitz et apr├Ęs : Aucun de nous ne reviendra
Charlotte Delbo
A Wrinkle in Time Trilogy (Anniversary) L'Engle, Madeleine ( Author ) Oct-16-2012 Paperback
Madeleine L'Engle
Picture of Dorian Gray and Other Works, The (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics) (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classic Collection) by Oscar Wilde (2012)
Oscar Wilde
In the Night Garden - Catherynne M. Valente The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There - Ana Juan, Catherynne M. Valente The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making - Catherynne M. Valente The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two - Catherynne M. Valente, Ana Juan

SO ! And let's make that a resolute so. I'm bored of drama taking over the place, let's speak of something nice and moderately smart from now on. I come bearing delightfulness for you guys and gals !

Let me explain : I haven't read any of Catherynne M. Valente's books yet, but for those of you who did, and enjoyed it, and for other curious people (I know you're out there, peeking), I have a nice little something to share, because I'm such a nice person in a generous mood today.

That was a joke, just in case you couldn't tell. Hi joke.

Okay, no, serious.

Hmm hmm.

Serious.

Now, who knows SJ Tucker? Whoever does, you're my friend already. Hi ! SJ Tucker is  a totally nice, fun, brilliant, terrific, groovy singer, as well as a bewitching storyteller. Booklikes is giving me trouble with the goodness sharing thing, but google her, in fact : here

and here

and here

The first link is her music cd of stuff she wrote and sings, inspired by and dedicated to the Fairyland series. The other links are audio she made with both readings and songs for The Orpan's Tales.

Give the readings a try even (especially !) if you're not into that audio book kind of thing. Her voice is chocolate, velvet and spice. I wouldn't put that together in a recipe, but you get the picture, yeah ?

Here's to hoping SJ puts a smile on your lips.