Changelin

Of Mischief & Books

Pssst, you there. Yes, you. Thanks for travelling to my corner of the internet, I hope it's cozy enough and that you enjoy your stay :)

Auschwitz et apr├Ęs : Aucun de nous ne reviendra
Charlotte Delbo
A Wrinkle in Time Trilogy (Anniversary) L'Engle, Madeleine ( Author ) Oct-16-2012 Paperback
Madeleine L'Engle
Picture of Dorian Gray and Other Works, The (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics) (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classic Collection) by Oscar Wilde (2012)
Oscar Wilde

James and the Giant Peach

James and the Giant Peach - Roald Dahl

Okay, so this won't be a review because I have actually reflected very little about this book and just enjoyed it. Past the five first chapters or so, that is.

For me this part was tiresome, half because of the nasty pair of aunts whose only redeeming quality is to make the reader laugh helplessly (and who I'd have no trouble picturing as some sort of inspiration for the Dursleys in Harry Potter) and half because of the lack of dialogue till page 9 : Dialogue and fast-paced action are some of the things I'm looking for in the first pages of a story. No matter, it gets interesting soon enough after that.

On a side-note though, I love the angry rhinoceros. It's so unexpected (and yes, I already knew about it, but it didn't keep me from enjoying this little bit of genius). And another part I loved to bits was the whole debacle with the Cloud-Men. So...yup, chances are I'm going to read more Roald Dalh in the future.